Free Monthly Art Critiques via Zoom!
Talk art with a group of artists the first Wednesday of the month at 7:30-9:30pm CST. Ask for a critique or just come to hang out with us and share your work (think open mic, but for art). See below to register.
Do You Just Want to Hang Out with Artists? Or Do You Want to Share Your Artwork?
You don’t have to share your work, you can just come and listen. Each person will have 10-15 minutes to share their work, ask questions and get feedback if they’d like.
Art Critique Rules?
- Use the word “juxtapose” in at least one sentence. (Just kidding!) We are super casual and don’t want you to be nervous about sharing your art. We all want to learn from each other and be open to feedback.
- 18+ only. This is an art critique and we are possibly going to be talking about some taboo subjects and possibly view graphic images. If you are under 18, your parents will need to sign a permission form and admittance will be on a case by case basis.
- Be kind. Yes, we are going to be critiquing art and may not have “kind” opinions all the time. However, please don’t personally attack anyone in the meeting. Be mindful of race, sexual orientation, age-ism, gender, etc…
- Sign up is first come first serve. We have time for open mic/critique of roughly 10 people, but can have up to 100 artists in the meeting.
- Juxta Art Critique reserves the right to remove people from the critique group for any reason.
Art Critique FAQ
Q: Does our opinion matter?
Q: Will having my art critiqued improve my artistic ability?
Q: How do I share my art during the meeting?
A: If you are using a laptop, you can share your screen during the meeting (hover over your Zoom screen and click the green “share screen” button) and show us pictures on your computer. If you are using your phone, you could turn your phone around and show us what you have.
Q: Is this art critique really free?
A: Yes, however the hosts pay for Zoom. We accept tips via Venmo or Paypal @LauraLynneArt (last 4 digits of phone 4880).
Q: How do I change my name and add pronouns in Zoom?
A: Change your name and/or add pronouns in the Zoom meeting by clicking on the participant list.
Register for Free Art Critique/Artist Open Mic
Please register for the art critique here via Google Forms. You will receive an email with the Zoom link after registering.